First bubble bath. She was very leery of it at first,
but then jumped right in after she discovered that her feet were
still there even though she couldn't see them. :)
but then jumped right in after she discovered that her feet were
still there even though she couldn't see them. :)
Yeah, we know, she's only 18 months old. But she has expressedgreat interest in what Mommy does when she goes to the bathroom
and wants to do it too. Who knows, she may be potty trained
before the age of two! Whoop!
Cute video of Maya walking around with a pickle in a ziplock baggie.Oh this big green field is just begging for a run. This building is the new Palmer Events Center near downtown Austin. My Dad use to sell his wooden toys at the Palmer Auditorium before they remodeled it into the Long Center. My sister and I would roll down the green hills as kids. It's nice to continue the tradition with my kid. This place has special memories for me.
POTP. Betcha thought you wouldn't see them again? I need to post all of them together to see the progression. This is the 18 month POTP. I think we'll do them every 6 months or so. I wonder how hard it will be to get a 13 year old to stand on the porch with me. And smile. :)
All the pictures below are from Jared's cellphone.I love the pictures he takes with it. They capture Maya
in such a beautiful and whimsical way!
Here's one of Maya in mid-laugh, my favorite look!
Swimming pool! I bought Maya a swimming pool this week andshe totally digs it. Pickles likes the fountain function of it,
check her out in the background.


Maya had her 18 month check up this week. She's progressing wonderfully. She's average height and weight. She's in the 90th percentile for head size...we have a big brained baby on our hands! No shots this time, next visit is in November. She's learning more signs. She now signs "finished" when she's done with something, primarily her meal. I dont' know if I said this before but she knows "ball" too. We're working on "book" now. Seems like that's all she wants to do now is look at books. This Librarian Mommy loves it! She's also babbling like mad these days. I was baking cookies earlier today and she just walked around and "yadda yadda yadda" the whole time. I had to video tape it, it was so cute. I'll have to figure out how to edit the video and I'll post it sometime.We're going down to Canyon Lake/New Braunfels tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!



















1 comment:
About the potty training---an acquaintance of mine from school has her 9-month-old mostly potty trained, so I guess it's never too early (!). She and her husband did something called "elimination communication" and their son lets them know every time he needs to poo. I think he still uses diapers for pee, though.
Post a Comment