Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day. Whaa???

I know, I know, it's two days late, but heck, I'm a Mom and I've got lots to do! So, be happy you're getting anything at all. :)

How was your Mother's Day? Did you call your Mom? Did your kids call you? Did you see any of them? I saw my Mother-in-law, my Grandma, my Mom and my sister, who is a Mom. Had a very nice weekend. Maya was very sweet to me (at moments...some moments were difficult, like when she refused to take a nap until 4 pm on Sunday). We drove down to New Braunfels for dinner with Jared's family on Saturday and had brunch at the Salt Lick's Thurman Mansion on Sunday with my family. Both were wonderful.

I forgot a couple of signs that Maya knows from my list last time...she knows the sign for hot and doll. This past weekend I taught her Daddy and Mommy. She can say Dada and Mama like a champ. She's such a sweetie.

big girl!
at my sister's house, Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa hold their
great-grandkids, Maya, Cooper and Spencer
Maya reading with her Great-Grandpa
building great things with Uncle Jay
smiling with Grandma at the Wiener Dog races in Buda
try as you might, you're not going to get any crayon/pencil marks on that dog
my little girl on Mother's Day
three generations of Mamas on Mother's Day
four generations, Maya just did NOT want to be in the picture, we couldn't help but laugh
happy NEW Momma!
a forced smile and pose with my daughter. Gee.
Great-Grandma gave her a plastic flower whirly-gig and that's all she
wanted to do for the rest of the afternoon!
the old looking down on the silly young
greeting Mr. Cooper
pretty little girl in the green, green grass




I would not want to mow this lawn. Beautiful though!
tired baby
I didn't think she could still sit in the bouncer, but I stand corrected.
She also loves to read Archie comic books. She's entralled with them.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Gotta love the pic where Maya is obviously thinking about decorating the dog. Who needs one little piece of paper when there's a whole, white dog sitting right there? Too funny!