
Hello all. How are you? We're doing great. It's been quite a busy month. This time of year it seems like there are plans to be made for events just around the corner...all starting with Halloween. We visited a nice little pumpkin (or as Maya says, tumtum) "patch" in Seguin, I made Maya's Halloween costume and all sorts of Halloween decorations (my sister took lots of pictures of them, for some reason I didn't. But, you can see them at her post on HER blog) and, now Maya's birthday is coming and we're getting ready for little Miss 2 year old. Just a warning for those of you who have children under the age of two, the terrible two's do not START at two, they start much earlier. Maya seems to break down at various times of the day if something doesn't go just right for her...but we work through it and I divert her attention to things much more important, such as her toothbrush (she calls it tuh-tuh) instead of eating candy, or a very coveted book instead of the tv (or as she says, td), or some twirling around instead of anything causing a fuss. Diverting attention is hard and I should get some kind of award or medal or be knighted or whatever. Anyway, I'm getting better at it and Maya gets better at testing me. Ahh...
She's also really, really saying a lot of words and stringing them together quite nicely. I guess about a month ago, Jared showed Maya his very interesting talent of twirling a hula-hoop around on his neck, Maya expressed her thrill and demands that he do it constantly. I believe we can document that her first full sentence was "Dada will do it" (which comes out more like "Dada wi doit") As in, Dada will do the hula-hoop on his neck again...and again...and again. She said "Mama will do it" once and I told her "no, Mama cannot do that." She never asked again.
She also is pointing out a lot of things that she recognizes. When we're at a stoplight, she'll see the hand for the crosswalk and shouts "hand!" everytime. I also taught her that green light means go and she says it every time now. She intently watches for the green light and says "go!" when I'm not exactly watching too closely myself and I get a little startled. But, can't help but smile when she says it.
She knows the dogs names and calls each one of them by all of them...in other words, Shiner, Bunny, Peanut and Pickles each are "PeanutBunnyShiner (but more like Hiner)" She can't quite say Pickles yet, but I think it's coming soon. And btw, Pickles is more tolerant with her these days and allows Maya to pet her or sit next to her. It's cute.
A nice transition in her words is her calling us Mommy and Daddy instead of Mama and Dada now. She doesn't say it every time, but gradually she uses those more. I like Mommy. It sounds so cute coming out of her little mouth. I love this kid. Absolutely smitten.
I didn't get to post this one last time.
This is my bf from grade school,
Sarah and her absolutely lovely daughter, Olivia.
This is Maya and Olivia near the very
beginning of their lives. How time flies!

Maya thought it was the greatest and most hilarious thing to get in the (very dirty) dog pool fully dressed. Mama did not. However, I quickly got over it and took pictures. She had the absolute time of her life for about five minutes. Then I stripped her down and let her run around naked. Can't do that when you're my age! Well...you can...but...you know...people would look at you funny.

Laughing at something soooo funny.

The weather has been soooo wonderful lately, just sunny
and mid 70s. Perfect hoodie weather.

An almost usual face I get these days.

My sweet model trying on her wings.

A cheesy "cheeeeese"

"I now dub thee, Pumpkin King"
"and now kisses!" Maya looooves to kiss her cousins,
she kisses them every chance she gets!
Dancing to what music, who knows, but it's fun!
"mmm...I'm not sure I should be eating
this, but I'm going to anyway."
Probably the best picture of the bunch!
"Mom, can I have this little pumpkin AND this little gourd, huh?"
Eating a wonderfully crisp honeycrisp apple on the way home

Her usual sitting style, reading to her doll
(which was my doll when I was a kid)
a beauti-ful wreath my Dad made!
The beautiful woodland fairy! Costume
handmade 100% by Mama!

listening to Tea's Mommy, Darla, read a book on
Halloween night.
Playing pinball with her friend June

Hijinks on the couch with Daddy
1 comment:
OMG!! Please, congratulate your dad from my part!! The wreath is GORGEOUS!!!!
Post a Comment