Enough with the backtracks for a second, I need to introduce our newest family member! We are very proud and elated to welcome little Maizy Kate into this world, we are very smitten with her!
Little bit of the story of her coming. Her birth and Maya's were eerily similar. The doctor and I decided that we'd induce Miss Maizy a week early because she was getting big (we induced Maya too). So, we went into the hospital on Thursday, August 5th to see if we could get things going with the cervix ripener (just like with Maya). It didn't work (just like with Maya). So, the next morning I got some pitocin to get everything going and went into labor and had Maizy at 4:51 in the afternoon. She weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces and was a long 21 inches! She has a shock of dark hair (that's where the heartburn came from!) and is just so adorable (just like Maya!). Maya and Maizy were born in the same exact room at South Austin Hospital. The nurses who took care of both Maizy and me were fabulous. And, believe it or not, the hospital food was awesome. I actually looked forward to eating at the hospital!
We had almost every family member visit over the weekend and we all got to go home on Sunday. I'm learning all over again how to keep a baby happy and warm. She's a little over six weeks old now and it's getting easier. I do look forward to sleeping through the night and regular milk bottles, but for now it's all worth it.
My final POTP shot. I know I didn't do this series as much with
Maizy, but it was HOT and I was tired and chasing around a toddler! :)
One cool remote! My epidural line. :)
Miss Maizy!
Sweet chubby thing.
Maya meeting Maizy for the first time.

Maya says, "She's so tiny!"

Proud Daddy, once again.
Mamma and Maizy snuggling.
Uncle Jason and Maizy check each other out.
Ready to go home!
No comments:
Post a Comment