Well. The pregnancy is over and our new life has begun. Our little Maya is a week old and we can't help but just stare at her all the freakin' time! She is toooooo cute! What did we do to deserve this beautiful healthy baby?!
Delivery went well, not as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it was probably the most painful thing I've ever done, until the epidural set in...ahhh-that has got to be the greatest invention. I didn't think I could do it naturally, and now I KNOW I couldn't have gone through many hours of that.
Delivery went well, not as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, it was probably the most painful thing I've ever done, until the epidural set in...ahhh-that has got to be the greatest invention. I didn't think I could do it naturally, and now I KNOW I couldn't have gone through many hours of that.
We went into the hospital on Monday at 6 pm, got the "cervix ripener" at about 7:30 and had mild cramping all night long. Next morning, we started the pitocin. THAT kick started everything. Water broke, dialted 4 cm, and started those un-fun contractions. Extremely unfun. Oh my god. Anyway, got the epidural soon after that and labor went on for another hour. Miss Maya joined us at 2:17 pm on Tuesday, November 20th. Oh what a beautiful baby!
Jared is my absolute hero. He has been my rock for the last week. Fatherhood is suiting him very well. He loves his little girl and it shows. I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband and father to my little gal.
Here's some pics of our little gal...enjoy.
Just out in the world, getting cleaned up.
Looking at Daddy take her picture. What a cutie!Mom and Maya staring at each other.
Bundled up.
Getting naked.
Sleeping on Daddy.
4 comments:
Oh my word, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations guys, you are going to be the world's most amazing parents ever!! Remember what Mark said to you in Seattle Jennifer? It's so true!!
Congrats and lots of love from both of us!!!
Can't wait to meet her in March!
<3 <3 <3
Congratulations guys!!! She's gorgeous and I'm so glad everything went well. You both are going to make awesome parents and I can't wait to meet her. - Christian.
She's beautiful! Good work guys! :) We can't wait to see you guys in another month and meet your little bundle. Congrats and God's continued blessings on your family!
I was so excited when Margaret forwarded me your URL! She is absolutely gorgeous and I can see plenty o' smarts lurking in those big eyes. Watch out!
Hey you'll have to check out the blog for our big life change, moving to Maryland! http://terptrek.blogspot.com
Post a Comment